Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ahh, technology...






Getting Better

We have a very diverse skill-level of technology on our campus. Every year that goes by seems to be easier in implementing technology strategies. People resist using technology because of fear or disinterest, but I think our teachers are embracing it more everyday.  

As leaders on campus, we are responsible for promoting and practicing the use of technology.  This means we must stay abreast of recent technology trends in education.  Not only do we need to provide new ideas for teachers, but we need to ensure proper use with teachers and students.

International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) has established a set of standards for administrators.  These look at the school as a system including ethics, culture, and practice. This link provides an explanation of ISTE standards.   http://www.iste.org/docs/pdfs/20-14_iste_standards-a_pdf.pdf

As a campus administrator, my vision is to get better.  This sounds vague but I can apply this to any goal I make for myself and my campus. This year, I am committed to developing my technology proficiencies and DEficiencies. I want to be a resource to my teachers and students.  

Irma Marsh has great momentum in culture and spirit. With the right approach, we will all get better.




No comments:

Post a Comment