Sunday, February 1, 2015

 

 

Change is Good

We are 1/12 into 2015.  As much as I like "the way things are," I realize change is good.  2015 has been rough for my family.  We lost a matriarch, a lovely lady with the kindest heart, within nine days of a diagnosis of acute leukemia.  Then, last week, we lost my great uncle, a very funny man who influenced many people with his sense of humor. I realize we aren't going to live forever. But 2015 hasn't been much fun.  My dad says he should have eaten his black-eyed peas.

When meaningful people leave your life, reflection is inevitable.  Everyone is different, but I always find myself thinking about what the person accomplished and whether or not he/she was a 'good' person. How were lives influenced, positively or negatively... Of course, that leads me to look at myself, and ask how I am influencing people.  The people I have most contact with are in the most impressionable stages of their lives. This will keep you in check, for sure!

We've enjoyed a good start to the new year at IMMS. CISD Board Appreciation was celebrated this month. We welcomed Tracy Gallman last week. I hope she enjoyed our visit as much as we enjoyed her seeing all the fun things we do at our school. 

Coming up this month, we are hosting our Boy's Basketball Tournament February 6 and 7.  Then, the third week of February, we will have district benchmark testing.  This will simulate the STAAR test each day which is four hours. Continue to watch Twitter, Facebook, district website, and our marquee for specific details.

It's already February 2015. Time will not slow. Our momentum is increasing. This is my favorite time of year.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment